Employment Practices Liability Insurance, often times referred to as EPLI, is one of the fastest growing insurance coverages for businesses worldwide.
What is EPLI?
EPLI, or employment practices liability insurance, is the insurance that a business would buy to protect the business and the corporate officers from being sued should a lawsuit be filed against them related to discrimination or harassment in the workplace. This discrimination can be in the form of any of the following:
- Sexual Harassment
- Racial Discrimination
- Age Discrimination
- Failure to Promote
- Wrongful Termination
- Pregnancy Discrimination/ FMLA
- Disability Discrimination/ ADA
- Religious Discrimination
- Internet/ E-mail Liability
- Third Party Liability
No employer would consider going without General Liability or Property Insurance, yet it is more likely an employer will have an Employment claim than a General Liability or Property claim.
- 41% of employment claims are against employers with 100 or fewer employees.
- It is estimated six out of ten companies have been named in a discrimination or sexual harassment lawsuit in the past five years.
- Over 30 million employment cases have been filed in Federal, State and Local courts.
- 94% of jurors believe the employer should be held responsible even if evidence shows no knowledge of alleged discrimination.
Can your business really afford to move forward without this crucial coverage?