Do you need a bond? Court bonds, appeal bonds, conservator bonds, whatever your bond need, we can help you out! Paragon Underwriters has been assisting professionals in obtaining bonds for over 40 years. Our knowledgeable staff always takes a serious approach to your requests.
What is Surety Bonding?
Surety bonds are three-party agreements in which the issuer of the bond (the surety) joins with the second party (the principal) in providing protection to a third party (the obligee) regarding fulfillment of an obligation on the part of the principal. An obligee is the party (person, corporation or government agency) to whom a bond is given. The obligee is also the party protected by the bond against loss.
Paragon Underwriters surety professionals can assist you, or any of your clients, in the placement of the following bonds:
- Appeal Bonds - Guarantee of payment of the original judgment of a court. When a judgment is appealed, a bond is usually required to guarantee that if the appeal is unsuccessful, funds would be available to pay the original judgment as well as costs of the appeal. This serves to discourage an individual from appealing merely to stall for time or for frivolous reasons. Get Appeal Bond >>
- Probate Bonds - A bond used for a person, official, or institution designated to take over and protect the interest of an incompetent or minor. Get Probate Bond >>
- Court Bonds - Miscellaneous court bonds. Get Court Bond >>
- Employee Dishonesty & Janitorial Services Bonds Please call us if interested.
- Fidelity Bonds - Bonds designed to protect against dishonesty. Generally, the bond protects against the dishonesty of employees. These bonds cover losses arising from employee dishonesty and indemnify the principal for losses caused by the dishonest actions of its employees. Please call us if interested.
- License & Permit Bonds - License and Permit Bonds are required to obtain a license or permit in many cities, counties, states or other political subdivisions. They may be required for a number of reasons, including the payment of certain taxes and fees or providing consumer protection as a condition to granting licenses related to selling things such as motor vehicles or contracting services. Get License & Permit Bond >>
- Lost Instrument Bonds - Indemnification bond under which a stock certificate holder who loses the original certificate will be issued a duplicate. The indemnity bond guarantees that if the original stock certificate is recovered, the holder will send it to the surety company. Get Lost Instrument Bond >>
- Public Official Bonds - Type of Surety Bond that guarantees the performance of public officials. Public officials are responsible for a broad range of property including fees that they collect, money that they handle, and bank accounts that they oversee. They may also be held responsible for misdeeds that result in a loss of public funds by those they supervise. Get Public Official Bond>>
- Bid Bonds - Bonds which provide financial assurance that the bid has been submitted in good faith, and that a contractor will enter into a contract at the amount bid and post the appropriate performance bonds. These bonds are used by owners to pre-qualify contractors submitting proposals on contracts. Get Bid Bond >>
- Performance Bond - Performance Bonds cover performance of the terms of a contract. These bonds frequently incorporate payment bond (labor and materials) and maintenance bond liability. This protects the owner from financial loss should the contractor fail to perform the contract in accordance with its terms and conditions. Get Performance Bond>>
- ERISA Bond - The Employee Retirement Income Security Act created in 1974 created a requirement for a bond to be posted, in the amount of ten percent of the funds, on the fiduciary of pension funds and profit-sharing plans. Get ERISA Bond>>
- Notary Bond - Bonds that are required by statutes to protect against losses resulting from the improper actions of notaries. Please Call Paragon for Notary Bonds
Toll Free: (800) 727-0001