Insurance & Risk Management for Lawyers & Law Firms
Paragon Underwriters has been servicing the insurance needs of professionals for over fifty years. Our knowledge and experience will prove invaluable in your decision regarding carriers, limits and coverage enhancements such as CEOL. We know the intricacies of a Claims-Made policy and how best to mold coverage to cover your past, current and future legal work. Our efforts, coupled with the financial strength, stability, and experience of CNA can best serve your professional liability needs.
Paragon Underwriters is the exclusive agent for CNA’s Lawyers Professional Liability Insurance Program for firms with up to 35 attorneys in Michigan.
Firms with past claim activity, irregular practice areas or firms seeking a more specific coverage… NOT TO WORRY… we have access to many non-standard insurance companies for firms that are currently in ‘rehabilitation’, or seem to be ‘harder-to-place’ risks.
If you are leaving your current firm and moving to a new firm, or if you are starting your own new firm, please allow Paragon to assist you with all your insurance needs. We work with firms doing this all the time, and we can act as your transition specialist.
Professional liability coverage designed for attorneys dedicated to providing legal aid (equal justice) to the domestic indigent and low-income community
Typical public entities / organizations include (but are not limited to):
- Public defender associations (federal / state / city / county, etc.)
- Civil / social legal aid / services & programs (immigration, healthcare, elder law, veterans, domestic violence, housing, children, etc)
- University law school programs / clinics
- Corporate pro-bono programs with mainly domestic exposure
- ACLU organizations
- Public / consumer advocacy groups
- Bar Association programs
- Charitable / non-profit organizations
- Volunteer lawyer organizations